ACTED, Convergences and its partners : the Committee of the Tourism Development under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development, the International Finance Corporation and Asia+, within the SwitchAsia Programme were happy to welcome the very first Zero Carbon Forum on May 28th, 2022. This event was a chance to meet the professionals working towards a sustainable consumption and production in the sector of tourism and beyond!
Co-constructed with members of the Working Group composed of experts in the tourism and energy sectors in Tajikistan, the Zero Carbon Forum aimed to be a platform for dialogue and networking where key issues are discussed and where projects supporting the dissemination of sustainable consumption and production practices to build a Zero Carbon Tajikistan are collaboratively created, encouraged and valorised.
ZERO CARBON FORUM
Exhibitors throughout the day to present their actions to the general public
Professional actors representing the private, public, civil society, international development, academic and media sectors
Sessions and workshops oriented towards the definition of concrete and mutli-actor solutions to address the challenges of the zero carbon
Speakers sharing their expertise and willing to act for change!
- Interactive round tables for the sharing and dissemination of good practices
- Workshops for consultation and development of deliverable (maps, roadmaps, barometer etc.)
- Fair & exhibition : showcase of RE/EE technologies, CBT products and expertise and showcasing MFI green products opportunities
MAIN WORKSHOPS PURPOSE
- Foster transition to reaching net-zero carbon emissions in Tajikistan
- Create a space for dialogue for the sustainable production and consumption development
- Promote market linkages between the renewable energy, energy efficiency sector and community-based tourism sector as well as financial institutions and general public
Reflecting on the state of things, plans and best practices in regard to sustainable consumption and production, circular economy and green energy in Tajikistan by bringing together Government institution, international development agencies, donors and investors, the private sector and the civil community about the country’s transition to a green economy and sustainable development
PARTNERS AND SUPPORT
To organise this forum, ACTED, Convergences have been supported by its partners: the Committee of Tourism Development, the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development, the International Finance Corporation and Asia+, Tajnor and Amfot within the EU SwitchAsia Programme.
For further information, please contact: