The Working Groups (WG) are permanent bodies of Convergences, dedicated to collective reflection, experience sharing and co-construction around the 2030 Agenda and the ambition of a 3Zero world – Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty. They are a concrete expression of the dynamic of gathering and decompartmentalisation carried out by Convergences, which relies on more than 300 partner organisations in France and abroad to elaborate the programme of the 3Zero World Forum and the International Forums.
The activity of the Working Groups is part of the collective mobilisation for the achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, and aims to respond to three main priorities:
- Fighting inequality, exclusion and injustice ;
- Addressing the climate emergency ;
- Ending extreme poverty.
In practice, the Working Groups contribute to:
- the programming of Convergences events and those of its partners, particularly the Convergences World Forum – co-construction of the editorial line and the main themes of the Forums, preparation of sessions, identification of speakers;
- the co-creation of deliverables – opinion pieces, cartographies, charters, vademecums and other collaborative documents. These deliverables are compact tools aimed at professionals on issues related to the Sustainable Development Goals, to the 3Zero and to social innovation, and are intended to be shared widely – for instance in national and international media and/or on the websites of Convergences and its partners;
- the definition of awareness raising activities around the Sustainable Development Goals and the 3Zero;
- the creation of new collaborations between their members.
The international Convergences networks are currently in full expansion; therefore, WGs are also set up and led in the countries and regions where Convergences’ Forums are held, and have already brought together more than 100 organisations. The reflections carried out by all these national platforms are intended to feed a collective global reflection and to resonate both at the 3Zero World Forum and at the international Forums.
Based on collective intelligence and collaboration, the Working Groups are a unique space for meetings and exchanges for organisations of all kinds, such as:
- national and international public actors, including ministries, local authorities, public agencies and administrations, intergovernmental organisations
- structures of the social and solidarity economy – associations, foundations, insurance companies, cooperatives, social enterprises
- companies, from international groups to very small businesses
- non-governmental organisations;
- the media – print, web and audiovisual media
- research centres and higher education institutions.
The members of the French 2020-2021 Working Groups are:
(IM)PROVE, 50 Partners Impact, Act & Bridge, ACTED, Action against Hunger, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie, Agir pour le climat, Alterethic, Ana Bell Group, Avise, Axylia, Balkans Sustainable Development Institute, Bayard, Bleu Blanc Zèbre, BNP Paribas, BPCE, Budget our planet, Business for Social Responsibility, Caisse des dépôts, Care France, Carenews Group, French Foundation Center, Cerise, CIDR Pamiga, Cité de la Solidarité internationale, Coca-Cola European Partners, Collectif Coci Climat, Comité 21, Crédit Coopératif, Croix Rouge, DEAL Guadeloupe, Ecofi Investissements, Ecole normale supérieure de Lyon, EDHEC Business School, Entreprises pour l’environnement, Entreprises pour les droits de l’homme , ESSEC, EVPA, Expertise France, FADEV, FAIR – (ex-Finansol), FERDI, Fidarec INT Trade, Finance for Tomorrow, Financement participatif France, Fédération nationale des Caisses d’Epargne (FNCE), Sanofi Espoir Foundation, Fondation des Transitions, Fondation Sen’Finances, French Impact, Friendship, Futur au présent, Gawad Kalinga, Goshaba, Groupe EVOA, HEC Paris, Hermitage le lab, Impact Track, Impak Finance, Inspirience, Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques de Béja, International Rescue Committee, Investisseurs et Partenaires, Kepler Cheuvreux, Kinomé, KOIS Invest, Konexio, Ksapa, La Nef, Le Centsept, Le Rameau, Le RELAIS Madagascar, Les entrepreneurs pour la Cité, LGI Sustainable Innovation, Lunii, Make it Real, Mezzocrédit, Ministry of Economy, Finance and Recovery, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Ecological Transition, Nantucket Capital, Neoma Business School, Newmeric.eu, Nexem, Oikocrédit, Orange, ORSE, Partenariat Français pour l’Eau, Plan International France, PNUD, Pro Bono Lab, PTCE « Vivre les Mureaux », Pureplayer, Revue Banque, L’Express et l’Actuariel, Rexel, Révélateur de Richesses Immatérielles (RRI), SCIC Alliance Sens & Economie, SIDI, Simplon.co, Sindup, Smart Republic France, SocialCOBizz, Société Générale, Social Performance Task Force (SPTF), Storengy, Tangata, Union des employeurs de l’économie sociale et solidaire (UDES), UNESCO, UNHCR, Unis-Cité, Unis-Terre, Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, City of Paris, Visage de Jeunes, Webportage, Wepilot, WWF France, Yes Academia, Yes For Comm, Zazakely Sambatra.